Preparing For The New ‘Super Flu’ Symptoms
With the new ‘‘super-flu’ going around seemingly Australia-wide right now, you need to be prepared for the symptoms that are going to come along with it. The flu is very contagious, especially in cold weather or when you’ve been spending more time indoors with other people.
How do you know when you’ve caught the flu?
There’s a few signs to look out for if you’re worried you’ve caught it:noticeable fever and/or chills:
- having a regular, dry cough
- intense fatigue or brain fog
- aching muscle or joint pain
- sore and dry throat runny or blocked nose.
- Stay away from any liquids that are going to make you feel worse and stick to water, this includes sugary soft drinks, dairy and most importantly, alcohol.
- Try and monitor your temperature, especially if you’re experiencing a fever. And make sure you’re staying warm by layering up with cosy clothes if you’re not in bed.
- Ensure your body is prepared with the right fuel to fight this flu by eating foods that will ensure you’re not deficient in any essential nutrients, think fish and lots of veggies.
- If your sore throat is the worst part of your flu, a common trick is to dissolve rock salt into warm water and gargle with it morning and night to fight any bacteria in your throat.
- Falling asleep with the flu isn’t always easy but it’s essential, so try aromatherapy to ease your sinuses with a clean and fresh scent that might help boost your mood, too.
If you’re wondering where to find aromatherapy products that are practical for when you’re stuck in bed with a blocked nose, that’s where the team at Planet Remedy can help with our Cough & Cold / Immunity / Headache product range. The range is formulated with ingredients traditionally used in western herbal medicine and aromatherapy.
Products in this range include: nasal inhalers, an easy to use roll on and spray. With all of them sharing the same beneficiary ingredients. Just put one of our products by your bedside table and reap the benefits of traditional aromatherapy with ease.
Head over to your local pharmacy and try Planet Remedy products today!
Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Available soon in Chempro, Chemist Discount Centre, Advantage Pharmacy and your nearest Health Food Stores.